Month: December 2017
What is PrestaShop?
PrestaShop is more of an E-commerce shopping cart Software (open source) which is applicable in the ear of Web 2.0. The software has been written in PHP and is available free of cost. The software is considered as the best for all those individuals who want to indulge in Online Business.
The installation of PrestaShop is very easy as compared to some of the other E-commerce solutions that are available out there. Some technical requirements of PrestaShop are Linux, PHP5 and MySQL 5.
1. Major Benefits
Some of the benefits which are associated with PrestaShop are as follows
- The administration panel of this software is very flexible which means that customization can be done. The functionality of the Ecommerce store can be done with ease as per the customer need
- Despite of slow internet service, you can easily use PrestaShop.
- There is no shortage of Themes in PrestaShop. The themes can be modified as well
- You can get your website hosted on the enterprise’s server. This will actually help you increase your search engine traffic
Just like any other artificial product there are certain disadvantages as well which are associated with PrestaShop, some of these disadvantages have been stated in the points below
- PrestaShop lacks when it comes to multiple user interface. This means that the software is virtually effective for only medium and small enterprises
- The modules which are necessary for the effective functioning of the online store are pretty expensive
- As compared to other Ecommerce platforms which are available, PrestaShop lacks in some significant features.
Despite of the mentioned disadvantages, PrestaShop is still easy to use software. If you are someone who quickly wants to begin his online shopping then PrestaShop is the ideal solution for you.
PrestaShop has already proven its worth to the market and perhaps this is the reason why it has gained high popularity in the market as compared to some other solutions out there. The layout of PrestaShop can be altered easily and overall the software is technically sophisticated, equipped with functionality which is advanced in nature.
Just like any other software solution which is available out there, there are various versions which are available with respect to PrestaShop as well. The PrestaShop 1.6X is also one of the versions of PrestaShop. There are many people out there who are using PrestaShop 1.6.X nowadays however the common problem which these people face is with the editing of its Front Page.
Here we will briefly explain to you some of the basic steps which you can follow in order to edit your front page in PrestaShop 1.6.x
- The majority of the modules that exist in the homepage of your site have modules which are corresponding in nature. You can change, remove or add the text or links in the PrestaShop admin panel by getting your modules managed.
- The category menu is home to all the categories that exist in your store. Go to Catalog > Categories tab if you want to modify categories menu.
- Consider “Modules > Modules > “Image slider for your homepage” if you want manage the slider.
- The products can be modified under “Catalog > Products” Tab. You need to alter the product module settings if you want to alter the number of items or products that are displayed on the home page.
Yes the information given above can be technical for you, however click the video links which we have mentioned above. These video links will serve as tutorials for you and through them you can easily learn about Front Page editing of PrestaShop 1.6.X.
If you still find things difficult then do not worry as there are many technical people out there who are experts in PrestaShop hence all you need to do is to contact these people as they will do all the hard work for you in exchange of some fee.
We hope that above discourse will serve as a rich source of information for you.
The advancement of technology has contributed to the development of Ecommerce websites. Companies today simply cannot afford to ignore their online presence. Ecommerce sites are a great source of convenience for customers as through these sites they can purchase their required product or service with ease from their desktop or smartphone.
To manage an Ecommerce site you need an Ecommerce solution as well. There are many such solutions that are available nowadays such as OsCommerce, Magento and PrestaShop etc. we will focus our discussion on PrestaShop in this article. We will try to learn about this software and will conclude this discourse by sharing with you guys its front page menu customization technique.
PrestaShop: A Brief Insight
PrestaShop is open source Ecommerce solution which was launched back in the year 2007. The purpose behind the development of this software was to facilitate the development of Ecommerce for small businesses at a cost which is affordable.
PrestaShop gets published under OSL. The language of this software is PHP. Today the software is utilized in around 250,000 shops of the globe. The software is available in around 60 different types of languages.
2. History of PrestaShop
PrestaShop basically started as a student project back in the year 2005. The EPITECH IT School in Paris (France) is the one which has the privilege of introducing PrestaShop to the world. Initially PrestaShop was home to two languages i.e. French and English.
Just three months after its development, thirteen other languages were also added in the software. In the year 2007, PrestaShop SA was established by Bruno Lévêque and Igor Schlumberger. In the year 2012 the company made good progress and its employee force went from seventeen to hundred.
Today PrestaShop has more the 120 employees with offices in six different countries of the world
3. Key Features
PrestaShop is home to more than 300 built in features. Most of these features are related to the management of payments, suppliers, manufactures and product listing. The web template system of PrestaShop allows you as a user to add new features and customize store themes. Some major features of PrestaShop are as follows
- A responsive theme is provided by PrestaShop via default. As a user you can develop or install your own themes. The themes can change the website display without making any alteration in the website content
- The add-on modules have the ability to extend the built-in functionalities of the software. As a user you can directly install the software module within the administration panel.
- Blog can be easily integrated to your Prestashop website, there are many blog modules for Prestashop available on Prestashop marketplace. It helps you enable a blog section for your e-commerce website where you can post articles about your products and services to valued customers
There are many advantages which are associated with PrestaShop. Here we will list some of the major ones for you:
- The customization PrestaShop is unique and the software can take care of any business requirement without any trouble
- The customization of admin panel is very easy in PrestaShop
- The number of themes in PrestaShop are plenty and the good part is that most of these themes are free of cost
- PrestaShop is very fast install even if the internet speed is not optimum
- Attractive user interface becomes a reality via PrestaShop
- Online shopping cart can easily developed via PrestaShop
PrestaShop 1.6 and its customization
PrestaShop 1.6 is a popular version of PrestaShop. If you are someone who does not have any idea of PrestaShop 1.6 then changing its front page menu will be difficult for you. Just like other systems, the PrestaShop 1.6 also utilizes modules which are very much there in the online shop.
For customization what you need to know is your “Top Horizontal Menu module”. Knowing the Horizontal Menu will help you in customizing it as per you need.
1. How to edit the Top Horizontal Menu module
- First of all get yourself logged in PrestaShop 1.6 (administrator back office). On the left side you will find Modules Link, click it!
- Next, click the search field; once clicked, search for the menu
- You will notice the appearance of “Prestashop mega menu”. Finally click the button (configure) located on the right
2. Get the Menu Customized
After the following the above steps things will become very easy for you. Now all you need to do is to add the elements which are available in the items pane. The elements should be added in the items pane which you have selected. Move the elements down and up so that they may match with your ordering requirements. This will alter the appearance of Main Menu on the Front Page.
This was just a brief highlight on how you can actually customize the Front Page Menu. If you want to learn more about the topic then consider making some more research on the internet. There must be many videos and tutorials available on the topic.