What is PrestaShop?
PrestaShop is more of an E-commerce shopping cart Software (open source) which is applicable in the ear of Web 2.0. The software has been written in PHP and is available free of cost. The software is considered as the best for all those individuals who want to indulge in Online Business.
The installation of PrestaShop is very easy as compared to some of the other E-commerce solutions that are available out there. Some technical requirements of PrestaShop are Linux, PHP5 and MySQL 5.
1. Major Benefits
Some of the benefits which are associated with PrestaShop are as follows
- The administration panel of this software is very flexible which means that customization can be done. The functionality of the Ecommerce store can be done with ease as per the customer need
- Despite of slow internet service, you can easily use PrestaShop.
- There is no shortage of Themes in PrestaShop. The themes can be modified as well
- You can get your website hosted on the enterprise’s server. This will actually help you increase your search engine traffic
- When you need to export your orders from your Prestashop website, you will find it’s easily to export orders Prestashop to CSV, Excel or XML using many Prestashop export modules available on Prestashop addons marketplace.
- If you need to synchronize your website with an email marketing service such as Mailchimp, Prestashop mailchimp integration can also be done by installing external modules without any coding knowledge.
Just like any other artificial product there are certain disadvantages as well which are associated with PrestaShop, some of these disadvantages have been stated in the points below
- PrestaShop lacks when it comes to multiple user interface. This means that the software is virtually effective for only medium and small enterprises
- The modules which are necessary for the effective functioning of the online store are pretty expensive
- As compared to other Ecommerce platforms which are available, PrestaShop lacks in some significant features.
Despite of the mentioned disadvantages, PrestaShop is still easy to use software. If you are someone who quickly wants to begin his online shopping then PrestaShop is the ideal solution for you.
PrestaShop has already proven its worth to the market and perhaps this is the reason why it has gained high popularity in the market as compared to some other solutions out there. The layout of PrestaShop can be altered easily and overall the software is technically sophisticated, equipped with functionality which is advanced in nature.
Just like any other software solution which is available out there, there are various versions which are available with respect to PrestaShop as well. The PrestaShop 1.6X is also one of the versions of PrestaShop. There are many people out there who are using PrestaShop 1.6.X nowadays however the common problem which these people face is with the editing of its Front Page.
Here we will briefly explain to you some of the basic steps which you can follow in order to edit your front page in PrestaShop 1.6.x
- The majority of the modules that exist in the homepage of your site have modules which are corresponding in nature. You can change, remove or add the text or links in the PrestaShop admin panel by getting your modules managed.
- The category menu is home to all the categories that exist in your store. Go to Catalog > Categories tab if you want to modify categories menu.
- Consider “Modules > Modules > “Image slider for your homepage” if you want manage the slider.
- The products can be modified under “Catalog > Products” Tab. You need to alter the product module settings if you want to alter the number of items or products that are displayed on the home page.
Yes the information given above can be technical for you, however click the video links which we have mentioned above. These video links will serve as tutorials for you and through them you can easily learn about Front Page editing of PrestaShop 1.6.X.
If you still find things difficult then do not worry as there are many technical people out there who are experts in PrestaShop hence all you need to do is to contact these people as they will do all the hard work for you in exchange of some fee.
We hope that above discourse will serve as a rich source of information for you.