What is Homepage?
The homepage content of a webpage is something which cannot be ignored. As they say “first impression is the last impression” well in case of your website if you want to create a favorable perception in the mind of the customers then give due focus to your home page content.
The homepage is basically the introductory page of your website. This is the page which contains basic information pertaining to your company in the form of table of contents. Your home page content should be impressive and it should cover all the aspects which actually force the customer to stay on your page.
1. Importance of Homepage
The home page of your website actually reinforces values pertaining to dialogue interactivity, quality and visually attractive effects. The homepage of the website actually encourages thinking and lets the customer make choices which are healthy.
2. Main Aspects of a Good Homepage
There are various aspects which a homepage should cover. Some of these aspects have been discussed in the points below
- Your website homepage should reflect the overall image of the corporate and the work values which you see as core. The content should be of high quality so that the page visitors may find it significant
- Before you actually insert the homepage template or develop the homepage content; it is necessary that you pose some valuable questions before going ahead. The questions may include things like what does your company want to establish through the creation of the webpage etc.
- Some elements of a professional homepage are: navigation links, content, logo and tools. The links and the content should be relevant, the logo should depict the brand image and the navigation should assist in easy browsing.
- Keep the homepage simple and easy. Do not overload it with excessive information
- The overall page design should be professional and the visitors should find it easy and attractive
How to edit the Homepage Content in PrestaShop
PrestaShop is the most commonly used E-commerce Platform with many PrestaShop addons nowadays. As a business person, beside Editing the FrontPage you need to come up with constant changes. As a professional business person you need to make relevant changes in your homepage as per need. In case of PrestaShop you can follow the mentioned steps to make the necessary changes
1. Correct Module
If you want to modify the contents and text shown at your homepage’s central area then for this you simply need to get the additional module activated. Log in to the admin backend of your store and steer to modules > modules.
After getting located in the homepage of the module you have 2 options available. Either you can type the name of the concrete module inside the search box or you can search out the module by going into the “Frond Office Modules Category”.
After locating the module, click on the link of configuration located under the module description. Once clicked, you will get redirected (to the interface). To install the module, click on the install button
2. Content Modification
You will find that the content is already loaded on the page. This particular content is equipped with default installation of the store. The content can be easily modified by altering the filed values shown in the interface.
3. The Main Title
This is the main title of the content that will be shown. The title gets displayed in the h1 tag.
4. The Subtitle
As the name indicates, it is the subheading of the content.
This is the text which will be witnessed by the visitors of your webpage.
This is the image which is shown over the text written in your Homepage.
7. Logo Link
It is actually the link which this image will be utilizing at the time it is clicked.
8. Logo Subheading
It is the subtitle that can be noticed by you under the image that has been uploaded
This is the way through which you actually alter the content of your homepage through PrestaShop. You can easily follow this tutorial and take the necessary steps. The steps are easy to follow hence do not worry at all.
What is PrestaShop?
PrestaShop is more of an E-commerce shopping cart Software (open source) which is applicable in the ear of Web 2.0. The software has been written in PHP and is available free of cost. The software is considered as the best for all those individuals who want to indulge in Online Business.
The installation of PrestaShop is very easy as compared to some of the other E-commerce solutions that are available out there. Some technical requirements of PrestaShop are Linux, PHP5 and MySQL 5.
1. Major Benefits
Some of the benefits which are associated with PrestaShop are as follows
- The administration panel of this software is very flexible which means that customization can be done. The functionality of the Ecommerce store can be done with ease as per the customer need
- Despite of slow internet service, you can easily use PrestaShop.
- There is no shortage of Themes in PrestaShop. The themes can be modified as well
- You can get your website hosted on the enterprise’s server. This will actually help you increase your search engine traffic
- When you need to export your orders from your Prestashop website, you will find it’s easily to export orders Prestashop to CSV, Excel or XML using many Prestashop export modules available on Prestashop addons marketplace.
- If you need to synchronize your website with an email marketing service such as Mailchimp, Prestashop mailchimp integration can also be done by installing external modules without any coding knowledge.
Just like any other artificial product there are certain disadvantages as well which are associated with PrestaShop, some of these disadvantages have been stated in the points below
- PrestaShop lacks when it comes to multiple user interface. This means that the software is virtually effective for only medium and small enterprises
- The modules which are necessary for the effective functioning of the online store are pretty expensive
- As compared to other Ecommerce platforms which are available, PrestaShop lacks in some significant features.
Despite of the mentioned disadvantages, PrestaShop is still easy to use software. If you are someone who quickly wants to begin his online shopping then PrestaShop is the ideal solution for you.
PrestaShop has already proven its worth to the market and perhaps this is the reason why it has gained high popularity in the market as compared to some other solutions out there. The layout of PrestaShop can be altered easily and overall the software is technically sophisticated, equipped with functionality which is advanced in nature.
Just like any other software solution which is available out there, there are various versions which are available with respect to PrestaShop as well. The PrestaShop 1.6X is also one of the versions of PrestaShop. There are many people out there who are using PrestaShop 1.6.X nowadays however the common problem which these people face is with the editing of its Front Page.
Here we will briefly explain to you some of the basic steps which you can follow in order to edit your front page in PrestaShop 1.6.x
- The majority of the modules that exist in the homepage of your site have modules which are corresponding in nature. You can change, remove or add the text or links in the PrestaShop admin panel by getting your modules managed.
- The category menu is home to all the categories that exist in your store. Go to Catalog > Categories tab if you want to modify categories menu.
- Consider “Modules > Modules > “Image slider for your homepage” if you want manage the slider.
- The products can be modified under “Catalog > Products” Tab. You need to alter the product module settings if you want to alter the number of items or products that are displayed on the home page.
Yes the information given above can be technical for you, however click the video links which we have mentioned above. These video links will serve as tutorials for you and through them you can easily learn about Front Page editing of PrestaShop 1.6.X.
If you still find things difficult then do not worry as there are many technical people out there who are experts in PrestaShop hence all you need to do is to contact these people as they will do all the hard work for you in exchange of some fee.
We hope that above discourse will serve as a rich source of information for you.
Have you ever wanted to check all the images in your FrontPage web to ensure that there are no broken images ? The process of check all image in your FrontPage is so easy, you can use migrating from Frontpage to expression web.
The FrontFX ET Image Reporter (created through ideas thanks to Ernie Taylor and AnyFrontPage Bytes EZine) will do just that!
- Easy to Use!
Just click the report and let the software start processing all the pages in your web for you.
- Save Headaches!
With a simple to read report with affected pages and images listed there will be no more headaches having to check each and every page manually for missing images.
- Add To “ToDo” Tasks!
For disk based webs, the FrontFX ET Image Reporter can add all affected pages/images to your Task list of things to do!
FrontFX Screen Grab is a simply but very useful Frontpage 2000/2002 Addin that allows you to capture (Grab) the screen, a window or even just a section of the screen. Simply set your Hot key and its ready to grab!
Grab Full Screen
Grab individual Windows
Grab just an area of the screen!
Inserts straight to Frontpage!
No more switching back and forth to “paint” programs and copy and pasting from them!