The advancement of technology has contributed to the development of Ecommerce websites. Companies today simply cannot afford to ignore their online presence. Ecommerce sites are a great source of convenience for customers as through these sites they can purchase their required product or service with ease from their desktop or smartphone.
To manage an Ecommerce site you need an Ecommerce solution as well. There are many such solutions that are available nowadays such as OsCommerce, Magento and PrestaShop etc. we will focus our discussion on PrestaShop in this article. We will try to learn about this software and will conclude this discourse by sharing with you guys its front page menu customization technique.
PrestaShop: A Brief Insight
PrestaShop is open source Ecommerce solution which was launched back in the year 2007. The purpose behind the development of this software was to facilitate the development of Ecommerce for small businesses at a cost which is affordable.
PrestaShop gets published under OSL. The language of this software is PHP. Today the software is utilized in around 250,000 shops of the globe. The software is available in around 60 different types of languages.
2. History of PrestaShop
PrestaShop basically started as a student project back in the year 2005. The EPITECH IT School in Paris (France) is the one which has the privilege of introducing PrestaShop to the world. Initially PrestaShop was home to two languages i.e. French and English.
Just three months after its development, thirteen other languages were also added in the software. In the year 2007, PrestaShop SA was established by Bruno Lévêque and Igor Schlumberger. In the year 2012 the company made good progress and its employee force went from seventeen to hundred.
Today PrestaShop has more the 120 employees with offices in six different countries of the world
3. Key Features
PrestaShop is home to more than 300 built in features. Most of these features are related to the management of payments, suppliers, manufactures and product listing. The web template system of PrestaShop allows you as a user to add new features and customize store themes. Some major features of PrestaShop are as follows
- A responsive theme is provided by PrestaShop via default. As a user you can develop or install your own themes. The themes can change the website display without making any alteration in the website content
- The add-on modules have the ability to extend the built-in functionalities of the software. As a user you can directly install the software module within the administration panel.
- Blog can be easily integrated to your Prestashop website, there are many blog modules for Prestashop available on Prestashop marketplace. It helps you enable a blog section for your e-commerce website where you can post articles about your products and services to valued customers.
There are many advantages which are associated with PrestaShop. Here we will list some of the major ones for you:
- The customization PrestaShop is unique and the software can take care of any business requirement without any trouble
- The customization of admin panel is very easy in PrestaShop
- The number of themes in PrestaShop are plenty and the good part is that most of these themes are free of cost
- PrestaShop is very fast install even if the internet speed is not optimum
- Attractive user interface becomes a reality via PrestaShop
- Online shopping cart can easily developed via PrestaShop
PrestaShop 1.6 and its customization
PrestaShop 1.6 is a popular version of PrestaShop. If you are someone who does not have any idea of PrestaShop 1.6 then changing its front page menu will be difficult for you. Just like other systems, the PrestaShop 1.6 also utilizes modules which are very much there in the online shop.
For customization what you need to know is your “Top Horizontal Menu module”. Knowing the Horizontal Menu will help you in customizing it as per you need.
1. How to edit the Top Horizontal Menu module
- First of all get yourself logged in PrestaShop 1.6 (administrator back office). On the left side you will find Modules Link, click it!
- Next, click the search field; once clicked, search for the menu
- You will notice the appearance of “Prestashop mega menu”. Finally click the button (configure) located on the right
2. Get the Menu Customized
After the following the above steps things will become very easy for you. Now all you need to do is to add the elements which are available in the items pane. The elements should be added in the items pane which you have selected. Move the elements down and up so that they may match with your ordering requirements. This will alter the appearance of Main Menu on the Front Page.
This was just a brief highlight on how you can actually customize the Front Page Menu. If you want to learn more about the topic then consider making some more research on the internet. There must be many videos and tutorials available on the topic.
Quickly and easily use Microsoft Draw and Microsoft Chart components in Frontpage 2000 and 2002 as images! (XZAKT Media is not responsible for the Microsoft Office components being installed or any errors/usage issues of the Microsoft Office components)
Beside use Microsoft Draw and Microsoft Chart components in Frontpage 2000 and 2002 as images, Microsoft Draw can use in customizing Frontpage the menu in PrestaShop.
- Create MS Draw and Chart objects and insert them in IMAGE FORMAT!
- Save and Re-Edit them in their native MSDraw or MSChart program even though its an image!
- Use WordArt quickly and easily from Frontpage 2000!
- Convert Frontpage 2002 Draw Objects to Images quickly and easily.
FrontFX Screen Grab is a simply but very useful Frontpage 2000/2002 Addin that allows you to capture (Grab) the screen, a window or even just a section of the screen. Simply set your Hot key and its ready to grab!
Grab Full Screen
Grab individual Windows
Grab just an area of the screen!
Inserts straight to Frontpage!
No more switching back and forth to “paint” programs and copy and pasting from them!